My Wife's Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm A Father, Officially!

Inspite of the doctor estimating another 5 days for the delivery, Suma gave birth to the little one on the 19th of December at 4:06am. She started experiencing labour at 6pm in the evening. When we consulted the doctor, she was a bit surprised at how soon the day arrived. She admitted Suma in to the hospital. This is when the actual struggle started. Though there were bouts of pain waves, they were not enough for the baby to come out. The doctor had to administer an injection for additional and effective pains. The whole night I could here Suma screaming and yelling in pain. Finally, the doctor said that it is impossible for a normal delivery since the foetus has the umbilical cord over it's head. And as she advised I agreed for a c-section. An operation was performed and the baby was out at 4:06AM. I was told by the anaesthician, that it was a baby girl. I could only see the baby only at 5AM, when she and Suma were shifted to their room. 

It feels good that I'm now a father. Not only it gives my joy but also reminds me of the additional responsibilities in life. 

2 comments:

PHANI said...

congrats anna. be ready for party.

Nandini said...

Many congratulations, TR :) Hope the baby and Suma are doing well. Pls share some pix of your lil angel :)