My Wife's Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Intellectual Mockery Of Telangana Statehood Demand

I support the Telangana statehood demand, which means I'm against those who oppose it. However, I wish to clarify that I'm not against the right of the people opposing it. Well, the whole point in publishing this post is the mockery of the Telangana demand  by some so called intellectuals via their blogs/articles. If they want to support Samaikyandra, let them do so. If they want to oppose Telangana, also let them do so. But I really don't understand why they insult the Telangana demand, when they can argue positively.

I've been following several blogs over this issue. Most of the blogs are published by people who like to project themselves as intellectuals in media, social work, politics. These pseudo intellectuals don't have a logical or a rational argument against Telangana, but to maintain their image and divert traffic to blogs, they mock the movement. I'm tempted to use foul language against such people. May be i'll do that in another post.

Well coming to mockery, some say, "Telangana people can't speak proper Telugu". Telangana has it's own, distinct dialect or form of Telugu. How can over 8 crore people, spread over 2.75 lakh square kilometers speak the same dialect of a language?

"People who attended the TRS Mahagarjana were paid Rs.500 each and given a biryani packet. 50% of them are supporting united AP". Well then why didn't Samaikyandra leaders ever conduct a public meeting? What about the 95% positive votes received by the 12 MLA's, do you say even those were polled under the lure of a 500 rupee?

There are several other points, which i'll in mention my later posts. Again, I'm really tempted to use the best foul language (from the core Telangana dialect) against these intellectuals, but didn't want to disturb the character of flow this post. I'll come back on this issue later. Right now I'm a little busy with my Manu.

Jai Telangana Bumper Sticker

No comments: